Thursday, October 20, 2005

Episode XXIX

Marcia Silverberg was once again in her own dorm at the college. After a few days of close observation, her doctor decided to allow her to return home. Glad to be back, she had immediately splayed out on her bed. As she lay there, thinking about the events of the past several days, her mind drifted to the conversation she had had with Professor Pettigrew in the hospital a few days ago. She had been unconscious the first time he came to visit her, but he came back a few days later when she was coherant. At first she had been shocked to find out that he had somehow acquired superpowers, and used this to gain a firm hand on the night life of Mammoth City. She was rather pleased though, when she found out his plans for the city. She chuckled as she remembered the name the professor had given himself. Darth Onion.

“You’re calling yourself WHAT?!” She said incredulously, fighting to keep a smirk from creeping onto her lips. She knew that laughing at him might cause her condition to become more serious than a few burns- she knew what he was capable of.

“Darth Onion. It’s the name I gave myself a few evenings ago. It seems to fit, don’t you think?” He asked in a mocking voice, seeing her eyes filling up with tears. She sniffed.

“Stop that! You can turn that thing on and off, can’t you?” She scowled at him.

“I’ve never tried to; it always works so well in my favor.” He walked around the bed and sat down in a chair. “Marcia, I received an email from you while you were still at the resort. Did you find out anything more?”

“I did, sir. That night a team of scientists came and captured the creature, taking him to a local lab in Daze Springs. DS Labs, I believe it’s called.” The professor quickly took out a notebook and paper and jotted down the information. Marcia continued, “That woman who ran the resort told me that the only way she was able to get rid of it when it attacked her was with a PH solution.”

“A PH solution, eh?” The Professor mused aloud. He looked up from his pad and handed Marcia a Kleenex. “I need you to do something else for me, as soon as you are well.”

“What?” She snapped at him, the affects of her last mission fresh in her mind- and on her skin. He smiled disarmingly as she scowled at him.

“I just want to you to befriend a student of mine, Dennis Brown.”

“Why?”

“I have a special interest in him. He may be useful to us, but I need someone to monitor him closely to ensure that he does nothing to interfere with my plans. I trust no one for this job but you.” He smiled again and stuck the notepad in his pocket and stood up. “I hope you recover swiftly, Marcia.” He headed for the door.

“I’ll take the job.” Marcia said quickly. The professor turned around and smiled.

“Good. I hope you have swift success with the young man. You’re becoming a very competent right-hand assistant. Perhaps you should think of a name for yourself, if you are going to continue in this endeavor with me.” With that, he turned around and walked out.

Marcia smiled to herself as she thought of the fun she would have deceiving Dennis Brown. She had never liked him; always thought he was just a weak goody-goody. His girlfriend Carry was, too. They were just like Todd. Most of all she hated Carry. She had seen the other young woman around, and noticed how happy she was. She hated her for what she had.

She sat up and decided to take a walk to try and find Mr. Brown. She quickly assessed herself in the mirror and decided to put her hair up. She wanted to look her nicest for her “Mission”. This time she had her own plans to work on, as well as Dr. Pettigrew’s. She smiled as she admired the finishing touches she had made to her tresses.

“Let’s just see how long it takes before I crumple little Carry’s world, starting with her boyfriend.”

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, October 24, 2005 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Mark Baker said...

I really liked this episode. Gave Marcia a dark and sinister storyline.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home