Friday, July 29, 2005

Episode XVI

Marcia's phone vibrated for the third time as she left her history class. It had rung twice already during class, forcing her to cause a scene, turning it to vibrating after the first call. Irritatedly she flipped it open and answered.

"Dr Pettigrew?" she snapped.

"Marcia!" he crooned warmly.

"What do you want Mr. Pettigrew?"

He had realized after countless encounters in daily life with students, teachers, and colleages that he had developed his magnificent abilities to manipulate the people he knew down to a fine art. He now applied the experience he had on Marcia, breaking her irritable mood and adding charm to his countenance. "Marcia, Marcia! You were saying you would like to help me in some things. And I was wondering of you would do me a small favor."

"Go on," Marcia warmed to him.

"I was hoping you could take a short vacation, you've looked like you needed a little break. I would like you to give yourself a much needed break and take a trip to Acid Resort; you know of the place I assume?" He continued without waiting. "It's only a few hours from here, and while you're there I'd like you to check out a rumour about a strange unknown human-like creature that has been making appearences at the springs. He... it... may be of benefit to us."

"Yes," Marcia replied, then after a pause "... Yes I think I would be able to do that."

"Good! Good! I was so hoping that you would be able to check this out, as I have been quite busy with some work that has been piling up over the last few weeks. Now this is very Important. I want you to be relaxing! Don't overwork yourself over this."

Marcia replied, "Yes I've been feeling the stress. And a vacation, I believe, is just the thing I could use. Besides that I think I would like to find out more about this ... this ... Creature." Dr. Pettigrew congratulated himself mentally on a successful encounter.

"Good then, I will speak to you when you return. I may have a reward for you."

* * *

As Marcia finished packing for a four day "vacation" to Acid Resort, She wondered what Dr. Pettigrew wanted with a bigfoot type legend. Nevertheless, It intrigued her, but scared her at the same time. She mentally chastised herself. I will not be weak. Dr. Pettigrew would only want the best for me and I'm glad he suggested this trip, I WILL enjoy myself, Marcia thought to herself as she pulled into the gas station to fill her car. It was going to be a three hour drive and she would still have to stop for gas halfway there, at least.

* * *

Back at his office Dr. Pettigrew thought about the implications of his new power he had gotten from his VCR remote. He always knew TV was associated with power. But now this gave him a whole new perspective on it. Perhaps he should get some connections in the media. Perhaps, he should get some of them on his side, should he ever have to take drastic actions.

Back to work, though, for now, he thought. Losing my job definately would not be good for my public standing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home