Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Episode IV

Dennis sat in a small diner with his girlfriend, Carry, eating a French dip and discussing the high crime rate in Mammoth city.

“The reason the politicians in the city won’t do anything is because the gangs basically own them! The police are crooks and all of the citizens are too scared to do anything to change it! What we need is someone who’s not afraid to effect change in the city, someone who won’t be bullied or bought off!”

“Some one like you?” Dennis teased.

“Yes! We need someone who cares about the city, someone whose values are strong, who’s not afraid to stand up for what they believe in!” Carry cried before taking a sip of her coffee.

Dennis became serious. “You’re right. The city needs officials who aren’t as corrupt as the criminals.”

“Maybe you should go into politics.” Carry grinned. “You care about the city, and want to help. Plus you’d look cute up at city hall.”

Dennis chuckled. “I don’t look good in suits.” He sobered. “I couldn’t go into politics; I’m just not politician material. I have a feeling I can do something-- I just don’t know what yet.”

Carry finished her coffee and stood. “Well, I have to go, but call me if you figure it out before I see you next, okay?”

“Okay, I’ll see you later.”

Dennis sat in the diner a while longer, thinking over their conversation. If I could just find a way to help. He thought. He chuckled to himself. What this city needs is a hero. He paid the waitress and gave her a tip, shrugged into his jacket and started off for his two o’clock appointment with Professor Pettigrew.

* * *

He made his way across campus to his job as Professor Pettigrew’s assistant. He thought about everything that had happened in the past few days: his desire to effect change in the society, his new job with the professor, the strange way he seemed to become so emotional whenever the professor was around, and a strange run-in he’d had with a history major that morning.

He had been making his way to meet Carry for breakfast, when he ran head-on into another student, who had been contemplating the ground with a vengeance. “I’m so sorry!” Said Dennis as he helped her up off the ground. He recognized the girl as Marcia Silverberg, a very pretty history major whom he’d seen once or twice.

“Hey, watch where you’re going!” Marcia said.

“I’m very sorry. Can I help you get to where you’re going?”

“No you may not! I might get killed if you helped me. Just stay away from me.” She turned and walked away after giving him a sour look.

Dennis couldn’t understand why Marcia was so cold to him. Maybe she’s just having a bad day, he thought, although he doubted it.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 22, 2005 6:57:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Ah...the characters are coming together! Nice job! What color are Carry's eyes, what was SHE eating, and does she take her coffee black? They will need to know these details for the movie...

 
At Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:29:00 AM, Blogger Fibonacci said...

The movie will probably require a complete plot rewrite to avoid copywrite infringements.

 
At Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youra site is not right. I am thinking that your cannot right any very good.

I like eat cheese and oysters with vodka. Yes, you want some?

 
At Thursday, June 23, 2005 10:49:00 PM, Blogger f8d90a said...

Glad to see the 4th episode up, and what color are Carry's eyes?

~Christopher

 
At Friday, June 24, 2005 4:28:00 PM, Blogger Fibonacci said...

Well, it doesn't say in her profile. Actually, she doesn't even have a profile, because she isn't an official character. At this point in time, she's just an extra.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home