Sunday, July 03, 2005

Episode VII

Though Dennis had returned the scantrons in a very timely manner he was mystified at his new employer's reaction. Not only had Dr. Pettigrew abruptly ushered him out of the office, he hadn't had anything to say about the work, either good or bad. Shaking his head he walked in to the campus coffee shop where he spied his girlfriend Carry wiping down one of the tables. Sneaking up behind her he surprised her with a kiss.

"Hey, what's up sweetie?" she asked him after she waved to her boss to indicate that she was taking her afternoon break.

"Noth--well yeah, there is something wrong. Dr. Pettigrew didn't even say anything to me when I gave him his tests back. I'm sure I did everything right, but he just sat there staring at me. Then, then he shooed me out without a word. Without a word! If only he'd told me what was wrong I'm sure I could have fixed it. Darn it!"

"Oh, I'm so sorry Dennis, I don't know what it could be. But I'm sure that if you keep doing your best everything will go well, it just has to. Hey, remember that cat pin I put on your backpack is good luck, it came all the way from Egypt!"

"I know, I know," Dennis grinned. "It was just, well if I didn't know better I would have thought that something had frightened him. But I didn't see anyone or hear him talking on the phone." Dennis sighed, then realizing that Carry needed to get back to work he stood and gave her a hug.

"I'll see you after your Machiavelli class," she promised as she went back to work.

"Sure thing, I love you."

"Love you too. Don't get into too much trouble."

With a grin and a wave Dennis left the coffee shop and headed to his dorm room for a quick nap before his afternoon class.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Sunday, July 03, 2005 7:05:00 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Um...sorry about this. For some reason I thought that Ridureyu had written the next episode--not I. *hides*

 
At Sunday, July 03, 2005 8:46:00 PM, Blogger Qalmlea said...

Maybe you've been sucked into an alternate universe, and the only difference is who wrote the seventh chapter! *eg*

 
At Monday, July 04, 2005 8:13:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Not to worry Matt! We will all rejoice with the daughters of Zion that you have finally posted and look forward to the next installment!

Whose turn is it now?

 
At Monday, July 04, 2005 8:46:00 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Carstairs will be posting the next episode in a day or two.

I hope not Galmlea, though that would be a nice excuse. :-)

 
At Friday, July 08, 2005 8:17:00 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Ach, we'll forgive you. Just this once, but we'll forgive you ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home